February 2nd 2022, Phytology, Bethnal Green Nature Reserve
About this event
Join Becky Lyon / ELASTIC FICTION for the second in a series of 8 art-practice-led gatherings following and drawing attention to seasonal rhythms, patterns of place and earth-centric chronology.
We start 2022 with an early morning gathering marking the first seasonal shift of the year – the halfway point between the winter solstice and the spring equinox, traditionally celebrated as Imbolc in pagan and Celtic traditions. Whilst mid-winter was a cue to replenish, Imbolc is a cue to spring into action and ready ourselves for regrowth! We’ll explore ‘awakening’ as a motivating verb drawing on insights from ecology. We’ll wake up the body through gentle movement with Tai Chi practitioner and artist Fin Forbes-Gower; converse whilst we craft with textile artist and sustainable maker Laura Buckle and wander with words through the unique urban woodland of Phytology.
- This event will take place outdoors so come dressed for the weather!
- This event will involve some gentle movement
- If you can please bring a cup (and let us know if you have any allergens).
- There are toilets on site – it might be the coolest toilet ever 🙂
- The site is step-free but the ground is woodland so may not be suitable for wheelchair users – please contact me if you have any queries.
- Numbers are strictly limited for an intimate (and Covid-safe!) experience. Over 18s only please.
- In accordance with Covid guidelines – please do not attend if you feel unwell, are awaiting negative results or have been in direct contact with someone who has tested positive.
- Please feel free to email me in confidence with anything you think I should know.
- If you would like to attend but can not afford the consumables cost or if you have any questions / ponderings don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com
Phytology, Bethnal Green Nature Reserve